Monday, July 30, 2012

Life and Art



Check this little guy out, he is so beautiful. My fabulous children and I took the dogs for a walk into the  scarp. There is a wicked little trail in the hills close to where I live, where you can enjoy nature at its best, and when you turn around you get a beautiful view of the city. The most interesting part though was watching my children enjoy this little guy.



Here he is climbing on my sons jeans. And my son was so happy that this little guy took a liking to him that he said 'can we take him home'. Of course this got an instant 'no' from his mother and a lecture on the importance of leaving nature as it is. And yes he did put him back under the rock in which he unearthed him.


As you can see this little guy is small but super cute. He became more interesting to my children when I said 'check out the artwork on this little fella'. All three of my children were amazed and it suddenly dawned on them where Aboriginal Art originates from. It was so nice to watch the smile on their faces as they checked out the 'artwork' with lots of 'oohs and aahs' and one 'oh so thats how it's done'. 

Sometimes it only takes a few words and a visual image for something to make sense. 

Enjoy.

Life is good...!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome, he is such a cutey. And yes, the patterning is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know isn't he gorgeous and he made me smile, not to mention my children loved him. And yes the artwork is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love their paws?
    I've always felt the urge to hurry them home. Unfortunately, whenever I find them, it usually means I've just destroyed their home. They look allergic to light sometimes. Even a piece of cardboard would do, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, yes they have a human like quality to their paws. Very nice indeed. And the light was interesting because my son had unearthed this one from a rock that he had trodden on and it moved. When we put him back under the rock he seemed relieved...lol

    Nature is so interesting don't you think?

    ReplyDelete