Friday, June 18, 2010

Poetry

THE DANCE

I see you dancing through the trees
Peeping out at me
Glimpses of your body
As you race towards me
Teasing me as I journey
Lighting up my path
Flitting in and out
Luminous in the dark

I try to find stable ground
Watching as you dart around
Back and forth you go
Putting on a show

I follow you with my eyes
Your light clear and bright
Sending long dark shadows
Into the thickness of the night

I want to run to you
Not sure which way to turn
In which direction do I go?
Backwards, forwards, left or right?
Suddenly I don't know

Your movements are so graceful
Yet truly hard to find
As you dance in the night
Impressed on my mind
I wish the dance would halt
'Be still' I shout
You disobey

Suddenly you disappear
And I no longer see
The beautiful dance you held
Especially for me

Your silence is deafening
My heart begins to still
I take a breath to calm myself
Waiting in the silence
Searching in the night
Wanting to see you
Dancing in the light

Suddenly I spy you
In between the trees
Creeping up on me
I feel the magic of your light
Teasing as you dance
In the darkness of the night

Smiling I journey onward
As you race beside me
Twisting and turning
Keeping up with me

I turn the corner there you are
Suspended in mid air
My smile begins to widen
As I recognise your face
I'd know it anywhere
So big, round and beautiful
Your magic always there

I notice you're not perfect
Not entirely round tonight
A part of you is missing
Unseen in the light

But it doesn't really matter
Because your still just as bright

By: Barbara Matters
2007


4 comments:

  1. A love song to the moon man. Meeak is his name. Reminds me of a similar poem or song...

    From a western perspective... :)

    "I see the moon and the moon sees me,
    down through the leaves of the old oak tree;
    And may the light of the moon that shines on me,
    shine on the one I love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem FT.

    That Meeak...he was fair shining when I made a 2.00am trip to the wood pile the other night. Incredible energy - he had on his rainbow robes & two halos - the foto on WY doesn't do him justice

    ReplyDelete