Sunday, July 24, 2011

Intermission

Intermission is going to drive me crazy! I swear it needs to get a move on. Sigh! Okay I need to relax and get my head together but the problem is I cannot seem to relax unless I am reading something interesting or doing something interesting. So today I got back in the Kayak, despite the cold chilly wet weather and went for a paddle on the Swan. And beautiful it was.


There wasn't a power boat in sight, so you have to love that, no jet ski's at all, because all those water polluters don't like being on the river when it's cold, big bonus, however there were a lot of kayakers paddling away up and down the Swan. I was amazed at how many there were. You could almost call it traffic. Interestingly I ignored all of them and cruised my way down the river between Shelly Bridge and Mt Henry Bridge. It was a bit of a paddle and the dog got tired and went to sleep on my leg. However I caught some beautiful images.




Seeing such beauty so early in the morning in the middle of the city is refreshing and gets my day going. I have to say cold though it was it was very enjoyable. It took roughly three hours there and back, admittedly we did a couple of pitt stops for the dog to stretch his legs, but all up invigorating.

Great way to start your day.

Life is good.


2 comments: