Monday, April 25, 2011

The Beauty of Nature

Isn't it wonderful when you finally get back to nature. Studying has been intense and time consuming, however I took time out over my four day break for some well earned R & R. Finally went for a paddle on the Swan and look what I found. 




This little beauty was sitting on a branch that is growing out over the river. I could touch it as I paddled past.




And this is why it's called The Swan River, grace and beauty.




Now this is interesting! It is paper bark. Do you see the image in the bottom left hand corner? Nature's work of art. 






Knotted trees. These tell stories all of their own, all you have to do is visualise and then use your imagination. I think this one is a tree of children.


All this elegance and beauty in one day. A true work of art. 


I feel privileged to have witnessed the gifts of nature and all I did was put the Kayak in the river and paddled up stream.


So, enjoy your days, go outside often, take a casual walk, or paddle your way up stream in a kayak, and you will find the most breath taking, charming, elegant and fascinating works of art created by the one and only master painter, NATURE itself!


And you thought I was going to say God...lol


Life is good.











6 comments:

  1. Nice pics FT. I was wondering how your study was going. Have finally got back to mine after thinking I would have to abandon it, on a 6 month leave of absence anyway. I reckon you will be finished in no time - if I get there I think I will have to take all the time allowed but I still want to do it. We'll see what happens.....

    Hope you had a lovely break..we got some nice rain. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MF.

    Thanks, I love being outdoors. Only way to live.

    How's the foot coming along?

    Study is full on, but I think I have a handle on it. Just needed to settle in and get motivated. Kayaking yesterday was the boost I needed. Back to studying now..lol

    Glad to hear you are continuing. Think of the outcome. You are nearly there. Can't wait to read your thesis.

    We have had the most beautiful mornings and days. Misty rain, and then some. Washing is still a bit damp but I think I can live with that because it's beautiful weather at the moment.

    It's good to be back. I'm going to blog regularly, make time for it.

    Have a great day. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foot is definitely getting better but soooo much slower than I expected. I usually heal quickly but tendon/ligament injuries are a nightmare apparently. But I have learnt a hell of a lot during the experience and now added some very necessary 'practices' to my day - chakra meditation, a bit of yoga, sax practice and oh yeah......going to start a small visual diary - one image each day. No matter what it looks like....not about outcome. That's one thing I have learnt, so many things are not about outcome.

    I know you are a busy lady but really good to see you back on the blog. I have not been a very dedicated blogger recently either. XX I am looking forward to reading your thesis, oh, and my own as well cos that will mean it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to finished. I like the sound of that.

    Ligaments take forever. I severed my achilles tendon in my thirties and I reckon it took about 6 years to heal. I even had a baby while I was waiting. My ankle hurt every time I trod on uneven surfaces. Very painful.

    Maybe it's the universe trying to tell you something? Meditate on it and see what your guides have to tell you.

    I have just got back into meditation myself. Have to say I feel balanced although a bit sad. My uncle passed away. Going to blog about that.

    Have a great evening my friend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry to hear about your uncle.

    You are right about the universe telling me something - this period of inactivity has certainly taught me a lot. Glad you have got back into meditation. I am doing a chakra colour balancing one and some yoga, just to keep me on an even keel. I intend to keep up this regime when I go back to work in a couple of weeks. It does help me cope with life a lot better.

    I am doing some art work lately so I must be feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your art work, very nice.

    ReplyDelete