Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am having an interesting couple of weeks. Lots of things have gone wrong and I cannot seem to control any of it. I did try. However, it has just occurred to me that maybe I am not supposed to control any of it and just let it be. Having come to this conclusion has made me a little anxious because when you are not in control of the events that are unfolding in your life you tend to experience a feeling of being worthless or incapable. Now I know this sounds extreme but what I mean is that I do not have the ability to change the events that are occurring because these events are I think divine intervention. 

Something is happening and I am not sure what exactly it is. What I do know is that I can physically feel a change occurring. I am not sure where it is going or how it will turn out but what I do know is that there is a definite push to point me in the right direction so to speak. Lately I have been wanting change in my life and up until now I waited patiently for something to happen. Having the patience of a Tasmanian Devil I decided that I needed to give the transition a little push. So I made up my mind to actively participate in changing my life because lately I felt that I have been in intermission. You know that space in time when you just sit and wait for the next part of the movie to begin. That's where I have been, intermission. And I waited for the movie to begin, but to be honest it was really boring waiting. So I began to get active and begin the movie. 

Interestingly things are looking up and there is an energy in the air that I cannot explain, but what I do know is that if you want things to change in your life then you need to begin the process. Now how you begin the process depends on what you want and who you are. However to create significant change and move in a different direction you must do things differently. Einstein says that 'insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again and then expect different results'. Luckily for me I am not insane and never do anything in the same way, therefore based on Einstein's theory I can guarantee different results.

This concept has led me to approach how to create changes in my life and I am only finding out after two weeks of trying to control the uncontrollable that what I really need to do is let go. Yes folks, that's right, let go of control. Interestingly this concept has only just dawned on me in the past 24 hours. The thought came out of nowhere during intermission. Amazing how when you let go ideas move into the forefront of your brain and begin flashing like neon signs highlighted in colour so that you pay attention to your own thoughts and trust yourself to engage with those thoughts in a capable way.

I am a control freak and today I decided not to control anything and guess what it's all happening. Things are running smoothly and I am feeling totally confident that things will move in the right direction for me at this time.

I guess thats the point of letting go of control, putting your faith in the universe to provide the things that you need for the now. 

Interestingly all is well, a little slow but running smoothly. So maybe it's not really the change that is occurring that bothers me but the rate of the pace that change is occurring at. Slow is definitely not my thing...lol 

Intermission has made me philosophical so in the words of Einstein 'learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning!'

So on it goes!

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and so well said. And yes, I am with you on all of this. I have to tell you, because I know you will enjoy the irony, but guess who began teaching me about letting go of control - my Aboriginal art students. LOL

    I realised after sevaral months, when I first started that part of my job, that there was no way I was going to be able to control the way these people learnt. I've always believed anyway that just doing art is what is required to learn how to do it in your own way, but when I started teaching I felt I had a responsibility to give 'formal' lessons. Well, I haven't tried that for years now and I have been loving my job so much better.

    But you know what was really at the heart of it for me, I had assumed that I wasn't doing enough. It's because I am a perfectionist but also it's a self-worth thing, like I have to try harder because what I do isn't really enough. Well I think maybe now it is. And if it isn't, then I trust someone will let me know.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FM. I hear what you are saying but for me I think it is more because I have always had to be responsible. I have alway had to be in control but you know letting go of control is actually quite liberating. It actually feels good and I haven't stopped smiling since I did it. And things are just happening you know.

    It feels good not to be in control. I like it.

    ReplyDelete