Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Sun Comes Up



Its been an inspiring weekend. Took a walk this morning along the Bibbulmun Track with my little dog who did not want to go home despite his tiredness. This photo means he is happy however it does not show how tired he was. Love me dog but damned if I was going to carry him uphill and home. We rested on the this fantastic hill that overlooked the gully.

Beautiful

And the view was breathtaking. This shot does not do it justice because it looks down a drop into the gully below. As I stood enjoying the scenery, I could hear the birds singing. A couple came up to me with their dog and out of my mouth came the words 'I wish I was here when the sun came up'. No hello, no nothing, just 'I wish I was here when the sun came up'.

Amazing, I was dumbstruck with the beauty of the place and I was in a bit of a daze because the sun was warm and the animals were singing and it was just bliss. The man looked at me and then he looked at what I was looking at. And as I watched him he walked to the edge and looked around and I saw that he saw what I was seeing. He nodded his head and mumbled and then he turned looked at me and said, 'yes'. 

Today I introduced somebody to my world and he got it. He understood. I didn't have to explain it to him, he understood. We chatted about the dogs and then I left the couple there with their dog and Duncan and I headed home. 

On the way back I took a different route and Duncan was not liking it. I had him on a leash as we got closer to civilisation and he actually stopped, turned and looked down a dirt track, then he looked at me and I swear he didn't move. The dog had decided he wanted to go home his own way. So off we went down another dirt track with a very happy pooch running along in front of me.

Poor old Dunc was exhausted by the time we arrived home after 2 hours of bush walking, but he managed to get there and back without me having to pick him up and he has slept in his chair all day. 

Wore him out I did. But I know he loved it as much as I did.

The sun was shining, the birds were singing, there was a chill in the air and today I showed a stranger my world, and I didn't have to explain it, he got it.

Life is good!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great when you get that sort of real communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic and the funny thing is it has stayed with me that view, and that feeling.

    Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your so good at taking photos :) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete