Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This my friends is the sign of a woman who has definitely been doing way too much lately... Yes you guessed it, I have been madly reading and studying for my end of semester assignments etc etc etc. The good news is I finally have them all done and I needed some R & R time, so the beast put these beautiful sunnies on me whilst I was curled up in my arm chair. Have to say you can actually see through them, that made me laugh. 

To elaborate on my need to relax its been a fabulous semester of intense learning, one in which I have enjoyed immensely. Yes there is something wrong with me, I like academia. However, working and studying finally took its toll and I became physically ill. Good news is that I am home resting and enjoying a couple of days watching the tube and chilling out with the beast who has a cold and is unwell herself. Interestingly I reckon my illness is probably not from my intense semester, but more from the germs the beast carries in the door after being at school all day with her mates. I reckon the high school environment is a petri-dish that resembles the floor of the beasts bedroom. Things are growing in there and you have absolutely no idea when they are going to be released and attack your immune system. I actually had to go to the doctor for some drugs which is unusual for me because generally I work through whatever is wrong with me. 

Not this time. I finally had to admit that I was ill. I have worked and worked until I felt exhausted and here I am in the armchair. Serves my self right you reckon? Absolutely. You see people like me never know when to give it up and just relax. I am the person who always needs to be busy doing something. I cannot seem to sit on the couch unless my body packs it in and forces me to rest. 

So today, I relax and tomorrow I am going to do something new. I am going to read a book for enjoyment. Now that will be fun.

Life is good!




1 comment:

  1. I think you are absolutely right - we get sick when we need a break! Academia is exhilerating but exhausting - and not surprised to hear you are enjoying it, I love it too. But it does take it's toll and we do need to regenerate.

    ReplyDelete