Monday, November 7, 2011

Special

I realise that ice skating is probably common in the UK, however to a warm West Australian it is totally new to me. Yesterday I visited the Natural History Museum. It was amazing and I found the evolution of man interesting. However, the thing that caught my eye was the ice skating rink outside the museum. I could not believe what I was seeing. Ice skating outdoors. That definitely doesn't happen where I come from and there are only a couple of indoor skating rinks in Perth. Its a rare thing to see people ice skating let alone out doors and having the time of their lives. I did think about having a go but to be honest, it looked a bit dodgy and I reckon I would have ended up on my butt within 5 seconds of being on the rink. Therefore I watched from the fence as people skated. It looked like fun. 

Now it looks cold and to be honest the temperature has dropped somewhat and I am starting to feel a little chilly. Interestingly I am still outside enjoying the brisk breeze that blows over my face and makes my cheeks feel like they are experiencing a bit of ice but I have to say my grin is as wide as my face allows and I love the feel of the cold. Its been a long time since I have felt cold. To add to the experience of the drop in natures thermostat, we took a trip to the country  and spent the afternoon by an open fire with good food, good company and lots of wine. It was wonderfully civilised and totally different to the back yard bar-b-que however, wonderfully English and yes folks it was bloody cold....lol

We walked around the garden of this fabulous yard that the house was situated on, however the temperature dropped again and I had to retreat in doors due to my bones really feeling a bit chilly....lol

I love the weather here and it is so good to feel cold. I hope it snows before I go home. That would be just the best way to end a wonderful experience in a foreign country where I am the foreigner and loving every minute of it.

Heres to England, it's people and fabulously cold weather. Love it.

Life is good!







5 comments:

  1. How awfully civilised of you m'dear!
    I was rather hoping you'd get your skates on.
    ...we've had nothing but wind and rain here...and it's definitely not warm either :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh funny, I can't skate to save my life, but I may give it a go. I shall see and let you know if it happens. Thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kewl! best kind of weather is cold weather mum ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so jealous of this lovely cold your describing! hehehe

    ReplyDelete