Monday, January 31, 2011

Back to Work

As much as I hate to admit it I am happy to be back at work. Today I realised how much my brain needs exercising. I think way to much and when I am on holidays I do not appear to have something to focus on therefore my thoughts wander into unchartered territory. I have delusions of grandeur about how I should change my life and live quietly, but to be perfectly honest I am totally happy having something to focus on that is not a figment of my imagination. You see I have way too much imagination. Now you could say that is a positive characteristic to have, however living in a surreal world is not good for the psyche let alone managing the realities of life.

Surrealism leads one into a faux pas of imaginary doings that enlist the dream state creating a sense of reality causing misadventure. In other words when you think about it 'the grass is not always greener' on the other side. Why I ask do we not appreciate what we have? Why do we as human beings always seek something better? And who said what we have is not good enough? Whose meter are we gauging the scales of life?

All of these thoughts have occurred to me during the course of my first day back to work. Today I realised that what I have is perfectly fine for me. Yes thats the secret; my life is good for me. What is it you want from life? What is it you get out of life? Me, I get a whole world of things from my current position in the tree of life. I like it here. I like the constant urge to learn, grow and adapt to my surroundings. I like thinking, I like exercising my brain and I like discussing my thoughts and ideas with like minded souls. Yes, only at a University would you find such intense thinking, engage in in-depth conversations on all sorts of topics and discuss, not talk down to or be talked at with others. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am feeling the energy of academia on my first day back. And I love it. I thrive on learning new things. The pace sped up the minute I walked through the door of my office. I thought I would take my time and ease my way back into the daily grind after taking such long shore leave, but whoa and behold I hit the floor running and it took all of 2 seconds to get my brain into gear and away I went. Happily smiling my day away.

Today I experienced the feeling of how much I love my job and how passionate I am in assisting the process of changing the world by manipulating, sorry guiding the minds of our young people...lol Heaven it is and not one student is back at Uni as yet, but my preparation for the year ahead got me thinking how much work is to be done between now and the end of the month in time for enlightening the youth of today with my wisdom, humour and wit, not to mention knowledge and experience. Yes I am happily back at work doing what I do best. Learning, teaching and sharing. And there are others like me. 

Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. I completely get where you are coming from. Doing my thesis yesterday....love it. Just gotta keep that balance. We do need 'time out', but we can't 'opt out'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, loving what you do is so gratifying. I can't wait to start my units. And my job is satisfying as well so I think I am in a good head space at the moment. I am coming to terms with the realisation that I am who I am and it is okay!!!

    That is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol funny thats exactly what I thought....lol

    ReplyDelete