Monday, January 2, 2012

Poetry


FEELING BLUE

No matter how hard I try
I cannot seem to shake the blues
I change my life and seek anew
A life that differs to the one I knew

Creating changes from within
Making life bearable, I grin
But deep inside
A pool of mire

That never ceases to withdraw
From the gaping opened sore
Always thirsting for more
Of my inner souls turmoil

Lamenting over time
Pushing further from my mind
Feelings of despair
Fraught with grief; repair

The inner child of yesteryear
Diminished with the chains of time
Who never surfaced to run free
Laughing, smiling, happily

And in the depths of my soul
I know there is another kind
Of love to set me free
From these bonds of time

That hold me down
Keeping me underground
Fighting with solitude
To rise above and greet the sun

To share my life

And then be gone

The Blues!


Written By: Barbara Bynder.
January, 2012

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say I am not depressed. I write poetry and this poem came out of a personal experience that spilled out into a poem recently. Had no idea where it came from until after I wrote it, because I do not feel depressed. In fact I feel great. Good things are happening at the moment. Love it.

    I think the poem is good though. Your thoughts?

    FT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, whatever you say, these seem like heartfelt words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are heartfelt words, that what poetry is about. Good poets speak from experience. And that does not mean that I carry that emotional mess on a permanent basis. What it means is that I have a way to positively vent my frustrations without allowing it to engulf me.

    Once it is written on the page I let it go. It is an amazing feeling. And I also think when things are not going well for me (was going through a bit of change pre-christmas) all the old stuff rises and throws itself into the pot just to confuse me. So poetry is my way to venting my feelings/emotions so that I can get to the heart of the issue by letting go of unnecessary or unwanted stuff. Its great way to release.

    I love poetry.

    ReplyDelete