Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Works of Turner

In a few of my previous blogs I have mentioned William Turner who is my favourite artist. It has just occurred to me that I should share with you some of Turner's paintings so that you can see why I spend so much time pouring over his works.  


Please allow me to share with you Joseph Mallard William Turner, 1775 - 1851. Also known as William Turner.


'Ulyses deriding Polyphemus' Homers Odyssey
Oil on Cavas

This is one of my favourite paintings (There are so many to choose from). This one was on the wall in National Gallery, London. The original is incredible and this photograph does not do it justice. 

Rain, Steam & Speed
Oil on Canvas

Rain, Steam and Speed captures my attention, however the original was not so interesting. I think the photograph has enhanced the colours. However, I still love this work. 


Moonlight
Oil on Canvas

How beautiful is this one?

These are only a sample of the works of William Turner. There are hundreds of his paintings all as enchanting and mystical as the next. Turner paints with passion and finesse providing a glimpse of the world as he saw it. Magical just magical....sigh!

Life is good!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can't even really understand that kind of magic can you, it's just magic. I reckon he was a genius.

    ReplyDelete